Friday, August 16, 2013

Introduction ...

(tap, tap, tap.) 

Hi, over here, ... I am what you might call an obsessed Hosta grower.  Some call me 'Hosta Man Kelley'.  Everyone who comes here at first will be catching up on where these conversations are at.



Why ...

... because I have been sharing my comments with others from an informal e-mail journal that I have published approximately every 2 weeks during the growing season for the past two years.  But maybe I am getting ahead of myself just a little.  My name is Peter, I live in St. Paul, MN, I am 55 years old, and I am just a little obsessed with (or is that addicted to) Hosta.  There I said it. ...

My regular commentary will come in several parts.  These may be spiced with sternness and seriousness, to humor and silliness from time to time.  The first is a generalization of observations about the plants, the growing conditions, or the plants themselves.  The second part provides an listing of what each plant has been doing since my last entry.  The third may provide answers to your questions that you leave for me here.  This for me is an very important aspect of what these blog entries exist.  Finally at the end, there will be a serialized, fictitious, story about a hosta grower and the antics in his world and neighborhood as he tries to maintain his own hosta garden.

With this Blog format I hope to be able to provide regular pictures of what I am talking about.  If you ever need to see similar plants to what I have you can go visit www.hostalibrary.org and you to will find 7,000 varieties of hosta to get lost in.  I will also be seeing if I can leave for your reference the PDF document have about my own garden which has a photo, Diagram, listing of hosta, and yes an wish list of what I would like to have IF I had the actual space to have it.  This brings me to the fact that my own garden is actually very small: three (3) feet by six (6) feet.  IF you stay with this blog you will find that this garden has both some fun plants, and unique problems that it is facing.

With those words the plunge has been made, and the blog has begun.  Welcome to my world.